Troubleshooting Your Canon Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi
Are you having a problem Canon printer won’t connect to wifi? For the Canon printer to work properly it must be connected to an active network connection.
The steps to set up a printer to a wireless vary from printer to printer. So, fixing the printer for wi-fi connectivity problems varies depending on the printer.
Here we have discussed in detail the solutions that you can try to resolve Canon printer not connecting to the wi-fi. So, make sure to follow these solutions step by step.
Step by Step Solutions to Fix Canon Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi
If you are having a problem while trying to connect the printer to the wifi then you can follow the solutions mentioned below.
1. Check LED Indicators: Make sure to check the display of the printer for any error, also check the LED indicator lights as it indicates the problem with the printer. If the printer is showing an error code, then make sure to address the error code and troubleshoot the problem.
2. Restart Your Printer: If you have not changed the router settings, and still Canon printer won’t connect to wifi.
- Then you need to unplug the printer, wireless printer for 20 seconds.
- Then plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Try to print, if the printer is still not working then you need to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.
3. Check the Network Settings: Here are a few things that you need to check.
- If the connection is working but the signal strength is poor then try moving the router close to the printer.
- If the router or the printer cannot be moved closer.
- Then check for any obstacle or interferences that may be blocking the wi-fi signals and results in poor signal strength.
- Also, limit the devices that are connected to the same router.
4. Factory Reset: If the printer is connected and the SSID is showing BJNPSETUP, then it means that the printer is reset is to the factory default settings. You need to reconnect to the network.
5. Reconnect the Printer: If the printer connection is not connected and the network name (SSID) is incorrect, then the printer needs to be reconnected to the network.
It usually happens if you have got a new router, or the settings have been changed recently which includes a password and the network name.
6. Check the Drivers: Outdated or corrupted printer drivers are a common reason for Canon printer won’t connect to wifi. That is why it is important to check the drivers are correct and installed properly.
- Make sure to check the drivers that are installed are of the right version and for your printer model.
- Uninstall the current drivers.
- Reinstall the drivers using the CD drive that came along with the printer.
- You can also download and install the printer drivers for the printer from the website.
- Downloading the drivers from the website make sure it is of the latest version.
- Once you reinstall the drivers make sure to restart the printer and the system.
These are some of the solutions that can help you with Canon printer won’t connect to wifi.
7. Call Technical Support: However, if you need help because the problem is unresolved or you are stuck in between the steps then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 5 Ways to Fix Epson Printer Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is My Epson Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi? If you have an Epson printer, …
- 5 Ways to Fix Brother Printer Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshoot Your Brother Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi? If your Brother printer won’t connect to wifi then …
- 7 Ways to FIx Canon Printer Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Canon Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi Are you having a problem Canon printer won’t connect …
- 5 Ways to Fix HP Printer Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is My HP Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi? Is your HP printer won’t connect …