How to Fix Chromecast Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Issue?
Google Chromecast is undoubtedly the first preference for anyone who enjoys using streaming devices. Whether you want to watch videos on YouTube or stream your favorite TV show on Netflix, Chromecast is surely the best option to consider. It can be easily connected to the TV and you can also carry it along with you to wherever you travel.
However, many times you may see that the Chromecast won’t connect to wi-fi, which is one of the most important things for a streaming device. If you are facing a similar problem then do not worry as you can follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned here to fix the problem.
Why Chromecast Won’t Connect to WiFi?
Many users complain about coming across wi-fi connectivity issues while using Chromecast. There are several reasons for this issue some of which are mentioned below.
Chromecast is not connected correctly.
You need to set up Chromecast.
The Chromecast does not support the wi-fi network player.
You need to use the wi-fi login page.
If you are having a hard time connecting Chromecast to wi-fi then you need to run the troubleshooter to fix the issue. Besides, if you constantly keep connecting Chromecast to different wi-fi networks then you are most likely to experience a problem while connecting Chromecast to wi-fi connections.
Troubleshooting Chromecast Won’t Connect to WiFi
So you have tried connecting Chromecast to the wi-fi network but it just won’t happen, and you are wondering why? Well, here are some of the solutions that can help you in fixing the problem.
- Check the WiFi Network: Are you thinking why my Chromecast is not connecting to the wi-fi?s Well, you might have changed the password of the wi-fi network and forgotten to update it on the Chromecast. The first thing that you need to do to fix the issue is to check and make sure that Chromecast is connected to the same network as that of mobile devices. Check your mobile device and Chromecast settings to verify the network.
- Restart the Devices: If the wi-fi network is the same, but still Chromecast won’t connect to wi-fi then you need to restart the router to fix the issue. Here is what you need to do.
Restart the router: Take out the plug from the power source for one minute.
Then plug in and turn on the router again.
Restart the Chromecast: Unplug the power cable from the Chromecast for a minute.
Then plugin and check if the issue is fixed.
- Check the Wi-Fi Channel: If you see that the Chromecast won’t connect to wi-fi yet, then you must check the router’s signal settings. The wi-fi works on two frequency bands 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. But remember that Chromecast only functions at 2.4 GHz. So open the router settings and check the frequency it is working on. Make sure to select the 2.4 GHz frequency.
- Update the Firmware of the Router: Often updating the firmware of the router helps in resolving temporary bugs and glitches. So, log in to the settings menu of the router. Here you can check for the firmware update option.
- Contact the Experts: These are some of the solutions that can help you fix Chromecast won’t connect to wi-fi problem. But in some cases, you may not be able to resolve the issue simply by following these steps. So, you must get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
- 5 Ways to Fix Apple TV Not Connecting To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Apple TV Not Connecting to WiFi Are you having trouble while connecting Apple …
- 5 Ways to Fix Roku TV Won’t Connect to WiFiWhy is Roku Not Connecting to WiFi? Are you having trouble connecting Roku to the …
- 5 Ways to Fix Firestick Won’t Connect To WiFiHow to Fix Firestick Won’t Connect to WiFi? The Amazon Firestick is a great streaming …
- 5 Ways to Fix Chromecast won’t connect to wifiHow to Fix Chromecast Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Issue? Google Chromecast is undoubtedly the first …