Troubleshooting Your Echo Dot Won’t Connect to WiFi?
Amazon Echo is one of the best smart speakers out there. You can use the Alexa voice assistance to control the speakers and enjoy numerous features that come along with the Echo Dot.
But if you have an Echo Dot that is not connecting to wifi then do not worry.
Without an active internet connection, the Echo Dot just won’t work.
So, if you see that Echo Dot won’t connect to wifi then you need to resolve this problem by following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned below.
How to Fix Echo Dot/Alexa Won’t Connect to WiFi Issue
You can follow the steps mentioned below to fix the problem with the Echo Dot. Make sure to follow the steps one by one for sure-shot results.
1. Check the Internet Connection: For the Echo Dot to work properly the device must be connected to an active internet connection.
If you are unable to connect the Echo Dot, it simply won’t work.
2. Restart the Modem/Router: Unplug the router and the modem. Wait for a minute and then a plugin.
Often restarting the devices can help in resolving some of the most basic problems and Echo Dot won’t connect to wifi is one of them.
3. Check the WiFi Network: If you have more than one wifi network then make sure to check if the device is connected to the right network or not.
Here is how you can check the wifi network the device is connected to.
- Open the Alexa app that is linked with the Echo Dot.
- At the bottom tap and select the devices option.
- Choose Echo and Alexa. Then choose your Echo device.
- You will be directed to Echo settings. Here you can check the wi-fi network name.
4. Change the Router Security: If there is an issue like Echo Dot won’t connect to wifi then by changing the router settings you can resolve the problem.
Change the router security type to WPA or WPA2
5. Change the WiFi Channel: When the Echo Dot is not connecting to the internet then changing the wifi channel can help in fixing the issue.
Though Echo can connect to both the bands which are 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, switch to either one can help in fixing the problem.
6. Reset the Echo: If the solutions mentioned above are unable to resolve the Echo not connecting to the wifi issue then you may have to reset the device.
Resetting the device will wipe off the settings and restore factory default settings. So, you will have to set up the device again.
7. Call Technical Support: Here we have discussed in detail the solutions that can help in resolving the Echo Dot won’t connect to wifi problem.
But if the problem is unresolved or you get stuck in between the steps then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
- 5 Ways to Fix iPad Won’t Connect to WiFi – ipad Air, ProTroubleshooting Your iPad Won’t Connect to WiFi To make the best use of an iPad …
- 3 Ways to Fix iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi – iphone 6, 7, 8, X, 11, 12Why is My iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi? Are you having trouble accessing the wifi …
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 3 Ways to Fix Xbox One Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is my Xbox Won’t Connect to WiFi? If you are having trouble connecting the …
- 5 Ways to Fix PS4, PS5 won’t connect to WiFiTroubleshooting Your PS4/PS5 Won’t Connect to WiFi? There is nothing more annoying than seeing your …
- 5 Ways to Fix Google Home Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Google Home Won’t Connect to WiFi? Google Home is a perfect addition for …
- 7 Ways to FIx Echo Dot Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Echo Dot Won’t Connect to WiFi? Amazon Echo is one of the best …
- 5 Ways to Fix Kindle Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is My Kindle Won’t Connect to WiFi? Kindle is a great device for those …