How to Fix Firestick Won’t Connect to WiFi?
The Amazon Firestick is a great streaming device available in the market. It offers an amazing set of content along with fantastic features that are designed to make your streaming experience simply amazing.
However, to use the Firestick seamlessly, it must be connected to an active internet connection. But many times users complain about facing Firestick won’t connect to WiFi problem.
If the wifi connection is unstable and keeps losing then you won’t be able to use the Firestick.
Here we have discussed in detail the solutions that you can try to resolve the Firestick wifi connectivity problem.
Troubleshooting Your Firestick Won’t Connect to WiFi?
If your Firestick is having a connectivity issue then do not worry as this problem can be resolved easily. You can follow this guide and resolve the problem on your own as well.
1. Check the Router: If you are having trouble while trying to connect the Firestick to the wi-fi then there are a few things that you need to check with the router.
- First of all, you need to check whether the router is working or not.
- Also, check if there is nothing that is blocking the router from connecting to the router.
- Check if DHCP for the router is not turned off.
- If yes, then you need to switch to a static IP address for the Firestick.
- If many devices are connected to the same wifi network then you need to limit the use of the devices that are not needed.
2. Undo SSID for the WiFi Network: Make sure to check the wifi network you are trying to connect to the Firestick is not hidden.
Otherwise, it will not show up in the network options. So, here is how you can unhide the network and fix Firestick won’t connect to the wifi problem.
- The open Settings menu for the Firestick.
- Choose the Network option.
- Navigate down to select the ‘Join Other Network’ option.
- Enter the SSID of the network and press the pause/play button.
- Choose the network security type. And press the pause/play button.
- Enter the password for the network.
- Confirm the details when prompted and select the connect’ option.
3. Restart the Router: Many times simply restarting the router can help in resolving big issues like Firestick won’t connect to wifi.
Once the router restarts try connecting the Firestick again with the router. If the wifi connection issue is still not fixed then try following the next solution to fix the issue.
4. Forget the Network: If you are trying to connect to the wifi network but it fails then you can try forgetting the network and then rejoining it. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open the Firestick Settings menu.
- Choose the Network.
- Press the menu button on the firestick remote.
- Tap the select option to confirm forgetting the network.
5. Call Technical Support: These are some of the quick and easy solutions that can help in resolving Firestick won’t connect to wifi issues. But many times you may need help from the experts to fix the issue.
That is why getting in touch with technical support is the best resort in such a situation.
- 5 Ways to Fix Chromecast won’t connect to wifiHow to Fix Chromecast Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Issue? Google Chromecast is undoubtedly the first …
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 5 Ways to Fix Firestick Won’t Connect To WiFiHow to Fix Firestick Won’t Connect to WiFi? The Amazon Firestick is a great streaming …
- 5 Ways to Fix Roku TV Won’t Connect to WiFiWhy is Roku Not Connecting to WiFi? Are you having trouble connecting Roku to the …
- 5 Ways to Fix Apple TV Not Connecting To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Apple TV Not Connecting to WiFi Are you having trouble while connecting Apple …