Troubleshooting Your Google Home Won’t Connect to WiFi?
Google Home is a perfect addition for your smart home but for it to function without any hassle, there must be an active internet connection.
So, this means that Google Home must be connected to an active internet connection for it to function without an error.
But many times, users complain about experiencing Google Home won’t connect to wifi.
This problem can be resolved easily by following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned here. So make sure to read on.
How to FIx Google Home Won’t Connect to WiFi
Google Home is a wireless device so there are several solutions that you can try to resolve the connectivity issue. Here is what you need to do.
1. Check the Connections: Google Home does not know how to connect to the internet on its own. So here is what you need to do.
- Download Google Home on the device.
- If you have recently changed the password of the wifi.
- Then you need to reconfigure the Google Home to update the password.
- So here are the steps that you can follow. – Open the Google Home app and tap to select the device that you want to reconfigure.
- Choose the Settings menu on Google Home whose password has to be updated.
- Select the wifi option and then choose ‘Forget Network’.
- Choose the Add option. – Then select Setup Devices and tap to select New Devices.
- Follow the given instructions to complete the rest.
2. Move the Router or Google Home Closer: It is an easy way to improve wi-fi signal strength and fix Google Home won’t connect to wifi problem.
Try moving Google Home closer to the router, if it works in a better way then the problem is with the wifi signal strength.
You can either move Google Home closer to the router or simply place the router in the center where there is limited interference of the signals.
3. Turn off the Network Devices: If there are too many devices accessing the same network then it could be the reason for the issue.
If many devices are using the same network then you will see buffering, loading problems that are because of the internet issue. So, disconnect the devices that are not in use.
4. Restart the Devices: Often when an issue like Google Home won’t connect to wifi occurs restarting the router and Google Home can help in resolving the issue.
Restarting the device can help in resolving temporary bugs and glitches that may be causing the issue.
- Remove the power cord of the Google Home.
- Wait for a minute.
- And then reconnect it.
- You can also use the Google Home app to restart.
5. Reset the Router and Google Home: If you have followed the steps mentioned above and it doe not help in fixing the issue then you will have to perform a reset.
Resettings will restore the factory default settings of the devices. You can reset the router by pressing the reset button. To reset Google Home here is what you need to do.
- Press and hold the Microphone mute button for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait for the reset to complete.
These are the solutions that can help you with Google Home won’t connect to wifi issues.
But if the problem is unresolved and you need help then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
- 5 Ways to Fix iPad Won’t Connect to WiFi – ipad Air, ProTroubleshooting Your iPad Won’t Connect to WiFi To make the best use of an iPad …
- 3 Ways to Fix iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi – iphone 6, 7, 8, X, 11, 12Why is My iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi? Are you having trouble accessing the wifi …
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 3 Ways to Fix Xbox One Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is my Xbox Won’t Connect to WiFi? If you are having trouble connecting the …
- 5 Ways to Fix PS4, PS5 won’t connect to WiFiTroubleshooting Your PS4/PS5 Won’t Connect to WiFi? There is nothing more annoying than seeing your …
- 5 Ways to Fix Google Home Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Google Home Won’t Connect to WiFi? Google Home is a perfect addition for …
- 7 Ways to FIx Echo Dot Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Echo Dot Won’t Connect to WiFi? Amazon Echo is one of the best …
- 5 Ways to Fix Kindle Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is My Kindle Won’t Connect to WiFi? Kindle is a great device for those …