Troubleshooting Your HP Laptop Won’t Connect to WiFi
HP laptop is one of the best laptops in the market known for offering great features along with functionalities.
HP is known for bringing innovative technology that makes their laptop one of the best choices. Several hardware and software problems may result in HP laptop won’t connect to wifi problems.
So, to resolve this issue you need to figure out what the actual cause of the issue is and how this problem can be fixed.
Wi-fi network is a convenient way to connect your HP laptop to the internet. However, a lot of things can sometimes cause a problem in the wireless connection.
In this blog, we have discussed in detail the solutions that you can try to resolve HP laptop not connecting to wifi issue.
But if you are new to using the device make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
Basic Things to Check if HP Laptop Won’t Connect to WiFi
There are some basic troubleshooting tips that you can follow if the HP laptop is having a hard time connecting to the network.
- Check the WiFi Button: If your HP laptop is not connecting to the wi-fi then the first thing you need to check is the wifi button on the laptop, as it may be turned off.
- Check the Router and Modem: The second most likely things that may result in HP laptop won’t connect to wifi problem is the networking devices.
- So try restarting the router and the modem to fix the issue.
- Use Automatic Troubleshooting: You can use troubleshooting software tools by HP and Microsoft to fix the connectivity issue with the laptop.
- The tool will run a test to identify a possible issue that is hampering from establishing a network connection.
These are the basic troubleshooting solutions to resolve HP laptop won’t connect to wifi problem.
But if the problem persists then follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Fix HP Laptop Won’t Connect to WiFi Windows 10, 8
If you are a Windows 8 or 10 user and see that the HP laptop is not connecting to the internet then there are a couple of solutions that you can try.
1. Reinstall the Adapter Drivers: You can reinstall the drivers for the wireless adapter to fix the HP laptop won’t connect to wifi Windows 10 problem.
Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Press Windows + X simultaneously and then select the Device Manager option.
- Search for Network Adapters.
- Right-click on the wireless network adapter and choose the uninstall option.
- Confirm by click on the uninstall option.
- The HP laptop will now reinstall the wireless adapter.
- Once everything is done restart the HP laptop.
2. Update the Wireless Adapter Driver: If the above solutions don’t help in resolving HP laptop won’t connect to wifi in Windows 8 then you need to update the drivers.
Here is what you need to do.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- Search for Network Adapter.
- Right-click on the wireless adapter to update it.
- Then click on search automatically for the driver update.
- The laptop will search for the updated drivers and start the installation.
3. Reset IP Settings: Another thing that you can do to fix the HP laptop that won’t connect to wifi Windows 10 is to reset the IP.
Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Open a command prompt.
- Click on yes.
- Type netish int IP reset.
- Then click on yes.
- Wait until the action is complete and then click on yes again.
4. System Restore: Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Perform a hard reset by turning off the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- Do this at least 3 times, and you will see a recovery screen.
- Choose the Advanced option.
- Select the System Restore option.
5. Reset the Windows 8 or 10: If your HP laptop was able to connect to the wireless network but now you see that HP laptop won’t connect to wifi at all then you may have to restore Windows 8 or 10.
These are the solutions that can help you fix HP laptop won’t connect to wifi problem.
But if the problem persists and you need help then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for more information and a complete solution.
- 5 Ways to Fix MacBook Won’t Connect To WiFiHow to Fix Macbook Won’t Connect to WiFi? MacBook is one of the best devices …
- 5 Ways to Fix Asus Laptop Won’t Connect To WiFi windows 10How to Fix Asus Laptop Won’t Connect to WiFi? Asus laptops are famous in the …
- 5 Ways to Fix Lenovo Laptop Won’t Connect To WiFi Windows 10How to Fix Lenovo Laptop Won’t Connect to WiFi? Lenovo laptops are simply amazing as …
- 5 Ways to Fix Dell Laptop Won’t Connect To WiFi Windows 10Why is My Dell Laptop Won’t Connect to WiFi? Dell laptop is one of the …
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 5 Ways to Fix HP Laptop Won’t Connect To WiFi Windows 10Troubleshooting Your HP Laptop Won’t Connect to WiFi HP laptop is one of the best laptops …