Why is My HP Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi?
Is your HP printer won’t connect to WIFI? HP is a well-established company best-known for selling some of the best quality printers in the market.
However, many times the users complain about experiencing HP printer won’t connect to wifi problem.
Undoubtedly, a printer that is unable to connect to the wifi is one of the most frustrating issues. But, it is a common problem that hounds most printer users.
If you are having a hard time connecting your HP printer to the wifi then you are at the right place. Here we are going to discuss in detail the solutions that can help you fix this issue.
Basic Things you Need to Check if HP Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi
Before knowing the troubleshooting solutions there are a few basics that you need to check while following the steps.
- Check the settings of the router.
- Disable the VPN connection.
- Reset the printer.
- Uninstall and reinstall the driver of the printers.
- Restart all of the devices.
- Make sure to check if the printer power is turned on.
- Check the toner, ink, and paper tray.
- Use a USB cable connection and check if it connects or not.
Troubleshooting Your HP Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi
If you are having trouble connecting the HP printer to the wifi then do not worry. Here are some of the solutions that you can try to resolve the problem on your own.
1. Set the Printer as Default: Sometimes while trying to connect to the wi-fi the printer may be set as default. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Click on the Start menu and then select the Control Panel.
- Then choose the Hardware and Sound option.
- Choose Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer then select the option to ‘set as default’.
- Click on the yes option to confirm.
2. Restart All of the Device: A quick restart can often help in resolving issues like HP printer won’t connect to wifi.
You need to restart the computer, printer, and router to fix the wi-fi connectivity issue. Simply unplug the devices, and then wait for a minute. Plugin and check if the problem is fixed or not.
3. Run the Printer Troubleshooter: Often running the printer troubleshooter can help in resolving the wifi connectivity issues. Here is how you can run the printer troubleshooter.
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Then choose the Hardware and Sound and select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer and then troubleshoot.
- The printer troubleshooter will resolve will identify the problem and fix the problem.
4. Check the Router Settings: If you have recently changed the router settings then reconfiguring the computer and printer to connect to the network can fix the HP printer won’t connect to wifi problem.
Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open a browser and enter the IP address for the router.
- Under the wireless or security section change the settings to default.
5. Get Help from the Experts: If the solutions mentioned above are unable to fix HP printer won’t connect to wifi then make sure to seek help from the experts.
Get in touch with the technical support team for more information and step by step assistance.
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 5 Ways to Fix Epson Printer Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is My Epson Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi? If you have an Epson printer, …
- 5 Ways to Fix Brother Printer Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshoot Your Brother Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi? If your Brother printer won’t connect to wifi then …
- 7 Ways to FIx Canon Printer Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Canon Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi Are you having a problem Canon printer won’t connect …
- 5 Ways to Fix HP Printer Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is My HP Printer Won’t Connect to WiFi? Is your HP printer won’t connect …