Why is My iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi?
Are you having trouble accessing the wifi on your iPhone? Maybe the problem is with the network or maybe there is an issue while using the device and that is why iPhone won’t connect to wifi.
If you are having trouble while connecting your iPhone with the network. There are a lot of possible reasons that may result in wifi connectivity issues.
Here we have discussed in detail the solutions that you can try to fix wifi connectivity issues while using the iPhone. But make sure to follow the guide step by step to resolve the problem completely.
How to Fix iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi
The easiest way to fix the wi-fi connectivity issue for iPhone is to switch off the router and then iPhone. Then wait for a minute and turn on the devices. If this does not help then there are some more solutions that you can follow to fix the issue.
Press and hold the power button on your iPhone. Now slide the power off button on the iPhone screen. It may take a few seconds to turn off the iPhone.
Then press and hold the power button for a few seconds to turn on the iPhone. Now you will see the Apple logo on the phone’s screen.
Restart the router by unplugging the power cord from the power socket. Wait for a few minutes and then plug in the cable of the router to fix the issue.
These are some of the basic solutions that can help you with iPhone won’t connect to wi-fi. But if restarting the devices is unable to fix the problem then you need to follow troubleshooting solutions that are specific to the iPhone.
Troubleshooting Your iPhone 6, 7, 8 Won’t Connect to WiFi
A common problem experienced by iPhone 6,7, 8 users is that it just won’t connect to the wifi. It can be quite frustrating to resolve this problem as you need to follow the basic troubleshooting solutions to resolve the issue.
This can happen because of multiple reasons but if you need to resolve the issue then you can follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.
- Restart the Router: If you are having a problem like iPhone 6, 7, 8 won’t connect to wifi then try restarting the router to fix the problem.
Here is what you need to do.
Turn off the router.
Unplug the router’s power cord and wait for a couple of seconds.
Then plug in the router.
Now try connecting the iPhone to the wifi and see if the problem is fixed or not.
- Restart the iPhone: Sometimes your iPhone just needs a quick restart to fix the problem.
Restarting the phone can help in resolving temporary issues and fix wifi connectivity error.
But first, make sure airplane mode is not turned on.
Open the settings menu on your iPhone 6, 7, 8. Then tap to select the wifi option.
Choose the network and then select the forget network option.
Then try reconnecting to the network.
Make sure to enter the correct password.
- Check for Update: Many times if your iPhone is not updated to the latest version then it may start showing iPhone won’t connect to wi-fi problem.
That is why you need to check and make sure the ios is updated to the latest version.
Open the settings menu.
Then go to general settings.
Here you can check for a software update.
Troubleshooting Your iPhone X, 11, 12 Won’t Connect to WiFi
If there is a problem while trying to connect iPhone X, 11, or 12 to the wi-fi then these are the solutions that you need to try.
- Restart iPhone X, 11, 12: You can restart your phone by following the steps mentioned below.
Press and hold the side button or the volume button.
Swipe the red icon on the screen to shut down the phone.
Press and hold the power button to turn it on.
- Reset Network Settings: Resetting the network settings can help in refreshing your phone and resolving iPhone X,11,12 won’t connect to wifi issue.
Follow these steps to reset the network.
Open the settings menu.
Go to general.
Scroll down and select the reset option.
Then tap to select the reset network settings option.
You will be prompted to enter the passcode.
Your iPhone will then restart which means the reset is complete.
- Connect to a Different Network: Try connecting to another wifi network as there can be an issue with the network you are trying to connect to the iPhone.
If the phone connects to the network then you know the problem is with the wifi network you are using.
These are some quick and easy solutions that can help you with iPhone won’t connect to wifi problem.
But if you get stuck in between the steps and need help then feel free to contact the technical support team for a complete solution.
- 5 Ways to Fix Kindle Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is My Kindle Won’t Connect to WiFi? Kindle is a great device for those …
- 7 Ways to FIx Echo Dot Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Echo Dot Won’t Connect to WiFi? Amazon Echo is one of the best …
- 5 Ways to Fix Google Home Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Google Home Won’t Connect to WiFi? Google Home is a perfect addition for …
- 5 Ways to Fix PS4, PS5 won’t connect to WiFiTroubleshooting Your PS4/PS5 Won’t Connect to WiFi? There is nothing more annoying than seeing your …
- 3 Ways to Fix Xbox One Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is my Xbox Won’t Connect to WiFi? If you are having trouble connecting the …
- 3 Ways to Fix iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi – iphone 6, 7, 8, X, 11, 12Why is My iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi? Are you having trouble accessing the wifi …
- 5 Ways to Fix iPad Won’t Connect to WiFi – ipad Air, ProTroubleshooting Your iPad Won’t Connect to WiFi To make the best use of an iPad …