Troubleshooting Your PS4/PS5 Won’t Connect to WiFi?
There is nothing more annoying than seeing your PlayStation not work. To play most of the games on consoles it must be connected to an active internet connection.
However, sometimes to get your console back online you need to follow the troubleshooting solutions.
Whether you are having a problem with PS4 or PS5, we have discussed in detail the solutions that you can try to fix the issue.
Although connect the PlayStation to the internet is one of the easiest things to do.
But if your PS4/PS5 Won’t connect to wifi then you need to follow the troubleshooting solutions to resolve the issue.
What Causes the Gaming Console(Play station) to not Connect to the WiFi?
There are several reasons why your PS4 or PS5 won’t connect to the internet. However, some of the most common reasons are mentioned here.
- The PlayStation Network is offline.
- You are trying to connect to the wrong network. Maybe the username and the password entered is incorrect.
- The wi-fi network is not working.
- The DNS settings on the PlayStation are not configured properly.
- The distance between the gaming console and the router is far so the wi-fi signals are weak.
How to Fix PS4 Won’t Connect to WiFi
If you are having trouble connecting your PS4 to the internet then there are a few solutions that you can try to fix this issue.
Here is what you need to do.
1. Check the Status of the PlayStation Network: If the PlayStation Network is offline, then you already know the reason why the console is not able to connect to the internet.
That is why the first step should always be to check the status. If there is an outage then you cannot troubleshoot the problem but wait for it to be resolved.
2. Restart the Devices: The next step to fix PS4 won’t connect to the wifi issue is to restart the router and the modem. Now, check if the console can connect to the network or not.
- Restart the devices, wait for a couple of minutes, and see if PS4 can connect to the network or not.
3. Restart the PlayStation: If restarting the devices are unable to fix the problem then you have to restart the PS4.
4. Change the DNS Settings on PS4: One of the most prominent reasons why PS4 won’t connect to wifi is if the DNS settings have been changed.
Try changing the DNS address for the wifi network and see if that helps in resolving the issue.
5. Reset the PS4: Well, if the above-mentioned solutions aren’t able to resolve the problem then you need to reset the device.
Resetting the console will restore the default settings so if you do not want that we recommend getting in touch with the technical support team for help.
How to Fix PS5 won’t connect to WiFi
If you are having a hard time connecting PS5 to the internet then do not waste your time.
Follow the troubleshooting solutions to fix the issue.
1. Check the Password: WiFi passwords are case sensitive so one needs to be very careful while entering the password to connect to the network.
In most of the routers, you can find the default passwords at the back of the router. So, if you are not sure then double-check to confirm the password.
2. Move PS5 Closer to the Router: The gaming console may be unable to pick up the wi-fi signals because the router is placed far away.
So, moving either the console or the router closer can help in fixing PS5 won’t connect to wifi problem.
If you can shift either of the devices and network is the issue then you can get an extender to resolve the problem.
3. Use an Ethernet Connection: Wired connections are often more robust. So, you can try connecting the PS5 with the router using an ethernet cable.
The direct connection is usually faster than a wireless one.
4. Restart the Router and PS5: Often a quick restart is all you need to resolve PS5 won’t connect to the wifi problem.
Simply restarting the devices can help in resolving temporary errors.
These are the basic solutions that can help you with PS4/PS5 won’t connect to wifi issues. But if you are stuck in between these steps and need help.
Then make sure to get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance.
- 5 Ways to Fix Kindle Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is My Kindle Won’t Connect to WiFi? Kindle is a great device for those …
- 7 Ways to FIx Echo Dot Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Echo Dot Won’t Connect to WiFi? Amazon Echo is one of the best …
- 5 Ways to Fix Google Home Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Google Home Won’t Connect to WiFi? Google Home is a perfect addition for …
- 5 Ways to Fix PS4, PS5 won’t connect to WiFiTroubleshooting Your PS4/PS5 Won’t Connect to WiFi? There is nothing more annoying than seeing your …
- 3 Ways to Fix Xbox One Won’t Connect To WiFiWhy is my Xbox Won’t Connect to WiFi? If you are having trouble connecting the …
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 3 Ways to Fix iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi – iphone 6, 7, 8, X, 11, 12Why is My iPhone Won’t Connect to WiFi? Are you having trouble accessing the wifi …
- 5 Ways to Fix iPad Won’t Connect to WiFi – ipad Air, ProTroubleshooting Your iPad Won’t Connect to WiFi To make the best use of an iPad …