Troubleshooting Your Sony TV Not Connecting to WiFi Issue
Sitting with your friends over a cup of coffee and the moment you turn on the Sony tv it does not work, is one of the worst feelings ever.
But you are not alone, many users come across Sony tv not connecting to wifi problems. This issue can occur because of several reasons that we have discussed in detail here.
So, you can follow the troubleshooting solutions to resolve the wi-fi connectivity issue immediately.
What Causes Sony Smart TV Won’t Connect To WiFi?
Wi-fi connectivity issues are common while using smarts TVs and so is with Sony tv. However, a few reasons result in this problem. Here we have discussed some of them.
- Connectivity issue with the internet service provider.
- Incorrect wi-fi details like network name and password.
- There is a network issue with the streaming service.
- Slow internet connection.
- More than 30 feet distance between the router and the Sony tv.
- Interferences that weakens the wi-fi signals.
Now, that you know some of the basic reasons why Sony tv won’t connect to wifi. The troubleshooting solutions must revolve around these reasons to fix the issue.
How To Fix Sony TV Not Connecting to WiFi Problem
- Restart the Modem/Router: Often performing a power reset with the router and the modem can help in resolving the wi-fi connectivity issue with the Sony tv.
If the modem and router are different, then you need to power reset both the devices separately.
- Unplug the power source of the modem/router and wait for a minute.
- Then reconnect by plugging in the router and the modem. Also, turn on both the devices.
- Wait for Sony tv to establish a connection with the network.
- Check the network and see if the problem is fixed or not.
2. Check the Status of the Network: The Sony tv must be connected to an active internet connection to work without any hassle.
So, you can check the network status of the device to make sure if the device is connected to the internet or not.
- Take the Sony tv remote and press the Home button.
- Then choose the Settings option to open the menu.
- Choose the Network option.
- Here you can go to Advanced Settings and check the Network Status.
3. Update Sony TV Software: If you are still seeing Sony smart tv not connecting to wifi problem then it is possible that the software is outdated and needs an update.
You can follow the steps mentioned below to download the updated Sony tv. But make sure the tv is connected to the internet using an ethernet connection while downloading and installing the update.
- Use the Sony tv remote and press the Home button.
- Go to Apps and then Help.
- Under system software update, click ‘check if any update is available for the tv’.
- Turn on the automatic updates option.
- Download and install any available updates.
4. Check for Network Issues: Network issues are some of the main reasons why Sony tv won’t connect to wifi. So, here is what you need to do.
- Try to connect another device to the internet to check if the problem is with the internet or the device.
- Check for any error code.
- If you see an error code, then skip the rest of the solutions and follow troubleshooting steps specific to the error.
- Perform a power reset of the devices.
5. Contact Technical Experts: If the solutions mentioned above are unable to resolve Sony smart tv not connecting to the wifi problem.
Then you must get help from the experts. So, get in touch with the technical support team for help and assistance to resolve the problem immediately.
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 5 Ways to Fix Panasonic TV Not Connecting To WiFiHow to Fix Panasonic TV Not Connecting to WiFi? Panasonic has one of the best …
- 5 Ways to Fix TCL Roku TV Won’t Connect to WiFiWhy My TCL Roku Won’t Connect to WiFi? Problem Solved Is your TCL Roku TV …
- 5 Ways to Fix HiSense TV Won’t Connect to WiFiHow to Fix HiSense TV Won’t Connect to WiFi? While using smart Tvs the internet …
- 5 Ways to Fix Sony TV Not Connecting To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Sony TV Not Connecting to WiFi Issue Sitting with your friends over a …
- 5 Ways to Fix Samsung TV Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Samsung TV Not Connecting to WiFi Problem Samsung is a well-known company that …
- 7 Ways to Fix LG TV Won’t Connect to WiFiTroubleshooting Your LG TV Won’t Connect to WiFi Problem? You are all set to watch …
- 5 Ways to Fix Vizio TV Won’t Connect To WiFiVizio TV not Connecting to WiFi: Step by Step Guide Is Your Vizio TV Won’t …