Vizio TV not Connecting to WiFi: Step by Step Guide
Is Your Vizio TV Won’t Connect to WiFi? Are you having an issue while streaming on Vizio TV? Is it because of a poor wifi connection?
Maybe there is a problem with the internet connection or the device, however, you do need to get to the root cause of the problem to fix the connectivity issue.
Loosing internet connection is common in any device, and Vizio TV is the same. Fortunately, some solutions can help you with Vizio TV not connecting to wifi problems.
What are the Reasons for Vizio TV Won’t Connect To WiFI?
To stream content available on streaming channels like Netflix, Sling TV, and others, the Vizio TV must be connected to the wi-fi network.
However, if the TV is unable to connect to the network, there are some reasons responsible for this.
- An issue with the network connection.
- The TV’s wi-fi adapter is not working.
- The router’s security settings are changed.
- The launch configuration is corrupted.
- The router and the tv are unable to communicate with each other.
It is pretty easy to connect the Vizio TV to the internet, all you need to do is connect the TV with the router using an ethernet cable.
But sometimes despite the connection, you may see that Vizio TV won’t connect to wifi. In such a situation, you can follow the basic troubleshooting solutions mentioned below to fix the problem.
How To Fix Vizio TV Not Connecting To WiFi
- Reboot the Devices: Most of the time if you are trying to connect Vizio TV to wifi but see an error then it may occur because of an error during the launch configuration which may get corrupted.
You can try restarting the devices to fix this issue.
- Unplug the power cord and remove the devices (router, modem, and Vizio TV) from the power socket.
- Press and hold the power button on the devices for 10-15 seconds.
- Plugin the power cord and then press the power button to turn on the devices.
- Wait until the devices are turned on and check if the issue is fixed.
2. Check the Network Connection: Try connecting another device to the same wi-fi network. If the other device connects to the wi-fi then the issue is with the Vizio TV and not the network.
However, if no other device is connecting to the wi-fi then you need to troubleshoot the wi-fi network.
3. Turn on the DHCP: In many cases, if the DHCP is not enabled then it may show Vizio smart TV won’t connect to wi-fi problem.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to turn on DHCP settings.
- Use the Vizio remote and press the menu button on it and then choose the network option.
- Select the ‘manual’ or ‘advance’ option.
- Choose ‘DHCP’ and then ‘turn it on’.
- Try connecting Vizio TV to the network and see if the problem is resolved.
4. Connect using a Wired Connection: Wired connections are more secure and less prone to errors as compared to a wireless network connection.
So, if Vizio TV won’t connect to wi-fi then instead of using wireless connect try connecting to a wired network.
Connect Vizio TV directly to the modem or router using an ethernet cable. If this resolves the issue, then the wireless adapter could be damaged.
5. Factory Reset the Vizio TV: The corrupted TV settings may be the reason for the problem. Therefore, resetting the settings to default can help you fix the problem.
- Use Vizio remote to press the menu button. Then choose the ‘System’ option.
- Here choose ‘Reset & Admin’. Then select the ‘Reset to Factory Default Settings’ option.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until the reset is complete. Now check if the issue is resolved or not.
6. Get in touch with the Technical Support: If the above-mentioned solutions are unable to fix the Vizion TV not connecting to wi-fi problem then it is clear that you need help from the experts.
So, make sure to get in touch with the Vizio TV technical experts for more information and technical assistance.
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 5 Ways to Fix Panasonic TV Not Connecting To WiFiHow to Fix Panasonic TV Not Connecting to WiFi? Panasonic has one of the best …
- 5 Ways to Fix TCL Roku TV Won’t Connect to WiFiWhy My TCL Roku Won’t Connect to WiFi? Problem Solved Is your TCL Roku TV …
- 5 Ways to Fix HiSense TV Won’t Connect to WiFiHow to Fix HiSense TV Won’t Connect to WiFi? While using smart Tvs the internet …
- 5 Ways to Fix Sony TV Not Connecting To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Sony TV Not Connecting to WiFi Issue Sitting with your friends over a …
- 5 Ways to Fix Samsung TV Won’t Connect To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Samsung TV Not Connecting to WiFi Problem Samsung is a well-known company that …
- 7 Ways to Fix LG TV Won’t Connect to WiFiTroubleshooting Your LG TV Won’t Connect to WiFi Problem? You are all set to watch …
- 5 Ways to Fix Vizio TV Won’t Connect To WiFiVizio TV not Connecting to WiFi: Step by Step Guide Is Your Vizio TV Won’t …