How to Fix No Internet Connection?
It is one of the worst things to see no internet connection error. With time we all do come across problems like Wi-Fi connected but there is no internet access.
If you are seeing a similar error then you will have to resolve the issue immediately to have complete access to the internet.
This usually happens when there is a change in the router settings or the operating system.
Many times, even if you have entered the correct password and SSID, when you open up the browser it may have no internet access.
So, what is wrong with the wi-fi network? Why isn’t it working? There are several reasons for coming across such a problem.
And many times all you need is a simple reboot to fix this issue. But in some cases, it does get a lot complicated.
So, we have discussed in detail the troubleshooting solutions that can help you fix this problem.
Troubleshooting Your WiFi Connected but No Internet Connection Issue
So, if you see that the device is connected to the wifi but when you start it there is no internet access. Then it is not something you can ignore.
So, here is what you can do to fix this problem.
1. Restart the Router: Although it may sound a bit obvious, restarting the router does help in fixing temporary bugs in the router.
It also wipes the cache data and may help in resolving the wifi not working problem.
- Turn off the router.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Turn on the modem and wait for a minute.
- Wait, and then turn on both the devices.
2. Check the Internet Connection: Sometimes if you see that there is wifi connected with no internet access then it can be because there is a problem with the internet connection.
That is why it is important to know if the problem is with the internet or not. So, try connecting other devices to the wi-fi network and check if the other device can connect to the internet or not.
If no other device can connect to the internet then the issue is with the internet.
There are chances of an internet outage, in such a situation all you can do is wait for the problem to be resolved.
3. Try Using Another Ethernet Cable: There are chances of having a problem with the ethernet cable as it could be damaged or broken.
Cabled can be broken easily and with time they may even get worn out. So, try using another cable to connect the router and see if this works.
4. IP Address Issue: IP address issues can result in no internet connection WiFi problem. This happens when more than one device is assigned with the same IP address.
One device is given DHCP IP address and the same IP address is given to another device in the DHCP server. To fix this issue here is what you can do.
- Press Windows + R.
- In the run dialogue box type ncpa.cpl as it will open all of the network connections.
- Select the network and right-click to open the properties.
- Choose IP4 and then select the properties option.
- Get the IP address and DNS address automatically.
5. Run Windows Troubleshooter: If you see no internet connection in Windows 10 then you can run a network troubleshooter in Windows to fix the problem.
- Open the settings and then open the Network and Internet option to check the status.
- Choose the network troubleshooter.
- Click on the start button and then open the Control Panel.
- Click on troubleshooting and select Network internet to check the network connections.
6. Update the Mac Software: In case you see wifi connected but no internet Mac than try to update the software to fix the issue.
Here is what you can do.
- Open System Preferences and click to select the software update option.
- If there is an update required follow the instructions on the screen to resolve the problem.
- Visit the App Store on your Mac. Then select the Updates option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the update.
7. Call Technical Support: These are the easy solutions that can help you with no internet connection issue on your Windows or Mac device.
But if this does not help then make sure to get in touch with the technical experts for assistance.
- 5 Ways to Fix Apple TV Not Connecting To WiFiTroubleshooting Your Apple TV Not Connecting to WiFi Are you having trouble while connecting Apple …
- 5 Ways to Fix Roku TV Won’t Connect to WiFiWhy is Roku Not Connecting to WiFi? Are you having trouble connecting Roku to the …
- 5 Ways to Fix Firestick Won’t Connect To WiFiHow to Fix Firestick Won’t Connect to WiFi? The Amazon Firestick is a great streaming …
- 7 Ways to Fix WiFi Connected But No Internet ConnectionHow to Fix No Internet Connection? It is one of the worst things to see no …
- 5 Ways to Fix Chromecast won’t connect to wifiHow to Fix Chromecast Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Issue? Google Chromecast is undoubtedly the first …